Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jan. 26th, A great, succesful day

This past Monday, yesterday, might have been one of the most stressful, yet fulfilling days in my young life. We had our first conditioning workout of the offseason at 6 am, and boy was I excited to get back into running ;). After the run, I got ready for class at 8:35. After my first two classes I was able to take a short break and go to the Student Union and work on some math homework, grab a quick bite, and get ready for my last class. So once I was done with my last class I went home, did some laundry, laid down for about 30 minutes, and then was off to my lift for football. Our lift was great, we had to max on a lower body squat lift, do some accessory work and then do a "GTFO". A GTFO is a workout in which the coaches throw a group of absurd lower body workouts together, out of nowhere, and practically look for kids to quit. Fortunately, I did make it through this workout and decided after, no matter how badly my body hurt, that I was going to go run some routes with one of our quarterbacks and catch some balls. The workout was great, I was able to get some quality reps in and was also able to work through the pain, thus hopefully getting better. After the workouts I drove my friend home who had missed the Trax bus while finding out that my wide receiver coach was returning, which was great news. Once returning home I was able to grab some dinner before heading out to my new bible study that I am in with some fellow athletes. The bible study was great and am really excited to dive into this since I have a lot to learn and am open for more of God in my life. After the bible study I was finally able to finish my homework assignment for math, turn it in online, and got an A on the assignment too.
WHAT A DAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment